You use the Sheriff Licence Generator to generate licence keys for your customers.
What your customers have to do
- When your customers install (or run) your application for the first time they are presented with a dialog box (that you can customise) that gives them a unique Reference Code for your application running on their machine.
- They pass this code to you (by phone, fax, or email).
- You give them in return a Licence Key that they enter into the dialog box. This then licenses the application to run on their machine (or network).
What you have to do
- Your customer supplies you with a Reference Code that they get when they install (or run) your application for the first time.
- You use the Licence Key Generator application (SlsGen) to create a Licence Key for the customer, using the supplied Reference Code.
- You create the Licence Policy